Beef Rendang Recipe
March 3, 2015 / by Mustapa Jaffar
Ingredients: Serves 2
450gm Gravey of Chuck Steak cut into 3cm cubes
2 Tablespoons canola oil
1 bottle The Malaya Rendang Sauce (180gm)
½ teaspoon of salt or to taste
¼ teaspoon of chilli powder (optional)
- In a medium saucepan (3 litre), heat canola oil and seal the beef.
- Transfer the beef to a small saucepan with a tight fitting lid, add 180g of Rendang Sauce, 125ml water and chilli powder (optional).
- Place the saucepan (with lid on) on the smallest available jet on the stove, reduce heat to the lowest possible setting and simmer for 1¼ hours.
- Remove lid and cook for a further 15 minutes, or until beef is tender and sauce is at the desired consistency. Water can be added to stop the sauce from sticking to the saucepan.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve with steamed rice and/or roti canai.