Curry Duck Recipe
June 1, 2013 / by Mustapa Jaffar
Ingredients: Serves 4
4 duck Maryland pieces
80ml canola oil
4 ½ to 5 heaped tablespoons The Malaya Curry Base (50gm)
3 large garlic cloves – peeled (15 to 20gm)
1 heaped tablespoon ginger - peeled (25gm)
2 medium onions – peeled, with 1 onion chopped and 1 finely diced (500gm)
2 roots coriander
2 large red chillies cut in half, length ways (seeds removed)
2 large green chillies cut in half, length ways (seeds removed)
100ml coconut milk
100ml fresh milk
1 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor blend 1 chopped onion, garlic, ginger and 50ml of water. Add the curry base and stir through the paste, set aside.
- In a 3 to 4 litre saucepan, heat oil, add finely diced onion and fry until golden and fragrant over a medium heat. Approximately 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add blended curry paste and sauté for 5 to 10 minutes or until oil rises to the top of the paste. Take care not to burn the paste.
- Add duck and coat well with the curry paste then add 200ml of water and simmer over a low heat for 45 minutes with lid on or until duck is cooked.
- Add coconut milk, red and green chilli, fresh milk and coriander and bring to the boil then turn off the heat immediately.
- Salt to taste.
- Thicken with cornflour if required. Mix at a ratio of 5:1 water to cornflour and add 1 teaspoon of mixed cornflour at a time to the curry until desired thickness.
- Serve with steamed rice.