Chilli Coconut Mussels Recipe
June 10, 2013 / by Mustapa Jaffar
Ingredients: Serves 4
1 bottle The Malaya Laksa Paste (190gm)
1 lemongrass stick – bruised and torn into 2 pieces length ways
coriander leaves for garnish
2 kaffir lime leaves
1kg fresh mussels
150ml good quality coconut milk
½ teaspoon chilli powder
- Combine The Malaya Laksa Paste, 150ml water, kaffir lime leaves & lemongrass in a Medium sized pot & fry on high heat for 1-2mins.
- Add the mussels, reduce the heat to medium & place the lid on the pot to simmer for approx.. 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, stir and bring to simmering with the lid on.
- Once the shells have opened up, stir then serve immediately.
- Serve with steamed rice & garnish with fresh coriander.