King Prawn Rendang Recipe
June 5, 2013 / by Mustapa Jaffar
Ingredients: Serves 2
400gm fresh king prawns
50ml canola oil
1 bottle The Malaya Rendang Sauce (180gm)
½ teaspoon of salt or to taste
¼ teaspoon of sugar or to taste
½ teaspoon of chilli powder (optional)
Preparing the Prawns:
- Using scissors, cut off the prawn legs and whiskers.
- Cut along the back of the prawn shells (taking care not to remove the shell) and de-vein prawns.
- In a medium saucepan (3 litre), heat canola oil and fry prawns for 1 to 2 minutes, turning prawns once.
- Remove any excess oil, add The Malaya Rendang Sauce, water, chilli powder and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer with lid on for a further 1 to 2 minutes, (occasionally turning prawns in the sauce) or until prawns are cooked to your liking.
- Season with salt and sugar to taste.
- Serve with steamed rice and/or roti canai.