Kwai Du Recipe
June 7, 2013 / by Mustapa Jaffar
Ingredients: Serves 4
1 tablespoon of The Malaya Laksa Chilli Sambol
3 tablespoons double dark soy sauce
1 cup chopped shallots (cut into 1-inch pieces).
1 cup chopped garlic chives. (1-inch pieces)
1 large bok choy, (1-inch pieces)
400gm flat rice noodles
200gm or 12 King Prawns - peeled
200gm chicken thigh fillet - sliced
50ml canola oil
- Heat 50 ml of oil in a large fry pan on high.
- Once hot, add the chicken & stir-fry until golden brown.
- Add the king prawns & bok choy then fry for 2 – 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Drain excess oil then add all the water, Laksa Chilli paste, dark soy sauce, noodles & stir through for 4 minutes.
- Move the noodles & meat to one side of the pan then fry 1 egg on the opposite side. Once the egg has started to cook mix it through the meat & noodles.
- Add the shallots, garlic chives & beansprouts and stir through, fry for 1- 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.