Lamb Shank Rendang Recipe
June 10, 2015 / by Mustapa jaffar
Ingredients: Serves 2
2 Lamb Shanks
80ml of canola oil
1 bottle of The Malaya Rendang Sauce (180gm)
250ml of water
½ teaspoon of salt or to taste
¼ teaspoon of sugar or to taste
½ teaspoon of chilli powder (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, heat canola oil and seal the shanks over a high heat.
- Remove excess oil from saucepan, add The Malaya Rendang Sauce and water. Use a little of the water to shake and extract the entire contents of the bottle. Add ¼ level tsp of chilli powder for extra heat (optional).
- Place the saucepan (with lid on) on the smallest available jet on the stove and bring to the boil. Immediately reduce heat to the lowest possible setting and simmer for 1¼ hours
- Remove lid and cook for a further 15 minutes or until lamb is tender and sauce is at desired thickness. Small amounts of water can be added at this stage (if required) to stop the sauce from sticking to the saucepan.
- Season with salt and sugar to taste.
- Serve with steamed rice and optional steamed Asian vegetables and/or roti canai.