BBQ Chilli Coconut Fillet of Fish Recipe
June 8, 2013 / by Mustapa Jaffar
Ingredients: Serves 4
600gm boneless white fish fillet (snapper, grouper, blue eye cod)
1 bottle The Malaya Laksa Paste (190gm)
1 lemongrass stick – bruised and torn into 2 pieces length ways
2 coriander roots
coriander leaves for garnish
4 kaffir lime leaves
120ml good quality coconut milk
dry fried onion for garnish (optional)
- Combine The Malaya Laksa Paste and coconut milk in a large mixing bowl. Add the fillet of fish and coat well. Season with a sea salt and leave to marinate for 1 hour.
- Cut a piece of foil 2 ½ to 3 times the length of the fish fillet and lay it flat on the preparation bench.
- Place ½ each of the lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves and coriander onto the middle of the foil, place the fish fillet on top with all the marinade, then place the remaining lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves and coriander on top of the fish fillet.
- Tightly wrap the fish fillet in the foil and BBQ for 5 to 6 minutes each side over a medium heat or until fish is cooked to your liking. The cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the fish fillet.
- When serving, discard lemongrass and carefully remove the fish fillet with a fish lifter. Plate the fish, spoon over remaining sauce and garnish with coriander leaves and dry fried onion.