Chilli Coconut Seafood Recipe
June 9, 2013 / by Mustapa Jaffar
Ingredients: Serves 4
1 bottle The Malaya Laksa Paste (190gm)
1 lemongrass stick– bruised and torn into 2 pieces length ways
coriander leaves for garnish
2 kaffir lime leaves
6 king prawns (shells peeled with tails on)
6 scallops (without row)
4 green lip mussels (half shell)
200g white fish fillet, (grouper, snapper, blue eye cod) cut into 8 pieces
100g squid cut into 8 pieces
150ml of good quality coconut milk
- Combine The Malaya Laksa Paste, water, kaffir lime leaves and lemongrass in a medium sized pot, and bring to the boil. Reduce heat & fry over a medium to high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the fish, reduce the heat to medium & place the lid on the pot simmer for approx. 3 minutes.
- Add the prawns & scallops, stir lightly then replace the lid & simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk & mussels, stir lightly and bring to simmer.
- Once the sauce has started to simmer, add the squid, stir lightly, simmer for 1 minute and serve immediately.
- Serve with steamed rice & garnish with fresh coriander.